Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Of Soccer and other stuff


Well as I thought of my first blog post, I couldn't keep my mind away from soccer! The reason for this is that we recently finished our last season of indoor soccer for the year with a really heated game. The other team really wasn't the issue, we didn't play very well for us, and the guys in yellow were watching some other game than the one they needed to be! Oh well, our 3 game winning streak had been broken. The problem with this is that this was the first winning streak ever for the much famed Bakers Boys team! You have to understand that we are a mix of guys that are really good, and guys like me, who played soccer back when and now in an effort to stay in shape in our 30's are playing soccer. Lets just say that I am still trying to figure out how not to be in the way and re-learn how to play. You know the Lord works in mysterious ways, a year ago I hadn't worked out or done much of any physical activity for a long time, since Febuary, I haven't missed more than 3 days in a row going to the gym! It wasn't health issues or anything like that. It was more the need to spend time with a friend of mine and to get into shape. Everyone who has known me for ever looks at me now, 20 pounds heavier, and doesn't know what to think. I was 160 pounds soaking wet and skinny as a rail up until recently but my friend Tim Pearson has reshaped my muscle structure to at least less scrawney. That is about the time that soccer came into the picture as well. I never thought I would play again (and sometimes wish I still didn't) and then it just happened. I am here to tell you, indoor soccer, no matter what kind of shape you are in, will bring you right to the point of puking that first game! Or at least it has with more than just me on my team!(see Bishop) But as I got myself into game shape things came together nicely, and now I am still uncoordinated but falling around on the floor in much better shape. Most of the guys on our squad are members of The Heights Fellowship which is where we go to church.

Well I am pretty much at a point where I need to stop so that the boredom doesn't go on for too long, but here is just a little bit about me.

My name is Kyle Plumlee, my wife Leigh Ann is part of this blog as well, she just doesn't know it exists yet! Our family consists of us, and our dog Agape and the obvious parents, siblings and copious amount of nieces and nephews. Having 3 siblings on my side has created a real clan of Plumlees in the Big Spring area, and Leigh Ann's brother has 2 kids as well. We haven't had any children yet but hopefully the Lord will bless us soon! I will fill in the details more as the blog develops but this will do for now.

laters,

Kyle

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger The Bishop said...

GREAT FIRST POST! And thanks for mentioning the almost puking incident! One word of advice: turn on your "word verification" to keep the spammers out. You will find that on your settings page for comments. Welcome to the blog-o-sphere!
Peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home